News, Announcements and
- October 2005: The first proposal was submitted to NSF/DOE.
- March 2003: The HEPAP Facilities Committee released their report on the 12 possible future DOE projects.
The report, titled "High energy physics facilities recommended for the DOE
office of science twenty-year roadmap", rates the scientific potential of
UNO (Classified as Underground Detector) as "Absolutely Central".
- A 10 page UNO Narrative is prepared
for the 2003 HEPAP report on the 13 possible future DOE projects
- 2001 HEPAP (High Energy Physics Advisory Panel) Subpanel on Long Range
Planning for US High Energy Physics Draft
Report (pdf format) has been released. The document has numerous
reference to proton decay, and next generation underground water Cherekov
detector experiment/UNO. It includes UNO prominently on the roadmap for
next 20 years. It also includes NUSL (National Underground Science
Laboratory) and Neutrino "Superbeam" on the roadmap.
- UNO whitepaper: Physics Potential and
Feasibility of UNO (preprint #: SBHEP01-3) has been released. You can
download the paper from this page. (See the UNO publications section